Monday, July 25, 2005

Heaven on Earth and a Weekend Away


Have you ever been here:

Santa Barbara, California, is, in my feeble mind, just about as close to Heaven on earth as one can get. Nancy and I spent two days, without kids here this weekend. Wonderful. Perhaps this is why one of my favorite Americans had his family ranch close to Santa Barbara; it really is God's country. Amazing Mexican food here! Ok, enough sounding like a travelogue.

In other news, the Norris clan continues to span the globe in search of adventure. This week, our 14-year old daughter Kelly is here, on a one week mission trip with her high school fellowship. You can view all the action and updates right here And Heather, the 11-year old wonder, has participated in an amazing team (look at the photo on the far right, that is her team!) I love the web!

In other thrilling news, you will recall that I have been the wandering churchie in the past. This weekend gave my wife and I another shot at being the Mystery worshippers at Santa Barbara Community Church. After my lengthy reviews of other worship services, I have but one thing to say......Wonderful. Heartfelt worship, a casual yet inviting environment, excellent exposition of the Word, and a genuine community of Believers. Thank you God. One warning, wear Rainbows to this church, or be uncool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, that's not fair! bringing back memories of my wife's and my favorite get-away when we lived in SoCal... in fact, part of our honeymoon was spent there - in a quaint little B&B called "The Glenbourough Inn." I know they have totally changed State Street and our favorite eatery (Joe's) has moved up the block. But it's still Santa Barbara... have you ever had breakfast at Farmer Boy's?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...