Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Pro Life or Pro Abortion?

While I tend to avoid politically polarizing debates about issues such as abortion (being a good, middle of the road Presbyterian fellow), this issue has come close to home recently, as my 8th grade daughter has chosen the "Pro Life" side in her Social Studies class debates on major political issues of the day. She has a remarkable teacher, Mr. Andrew Adanto, who has been known to burst into song; he sings God Bless American to his students on occasion, in a public school, no less. What a guy!

This brings me to a thoughtful Don Feder piece, directed to me by the good folks at Wittingshire. I will ask my 8th grader to read this, as it distills a very emotional argument into a synopsis that is sensible. While I do not pretend to understand it all, we must engage our minds to tackle these difficult issues.

With her permission, I will post the finished "Pro Life" piece when it is completed. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...