Monday, February 14, 2005

To TNIV or Not TNIV, That is the Question


Ewwwww......

Alright, I confess right here my predominant ignorance of which is the most correct Bible version. However, Mark Roberts has started an interesting series of posts on the new TNIV (which does not stand for Truly Neat Incredible Version, nor Those Naughty Inspired Visions) Bible, which has recently been released. Seems there is some disagreement brewing in Happy Evangelical Land over this one. I trust Mark will deliver us a helpful and thorough overview of the matter, which really will be helpful to understand the issues involved. Mark is a good man.

As for me, after discerning this matter, I will know exactly, precisely, and without question what is the perfect will of God regarding the correct Bible version to carry in my oversized, leather clad, bumper sticker-covered Bible book cover (which can also be used to thonk theologically incorrect clods over the head!). Thank goodness for self righteousness. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...