Tuesday, March 01, 2005

White Guy Nearly Crashes Volvo Listening to NPR


Daniel Schorr

So I am driving home today from work, listening to NPR. There is lengthy coverage of the news that freedom seems to be breaking out in several places in the Middle East. Amazing. Its beginning to feel like 1989 in Eastern Europe. I am smiling, thinking, maybe God is at work in all this. Maybe, all this Iraq mess has some unexpected dividends. I wonder what Rob Asghar is thinking?

Then its time for news analysis with Daniel Schorr. I sink lower in my car seat, anticipating the typical smug discouragement I have come to know. Now mind you, in my recollection Mr. Schorr hasn't said anything favorable about a Republican administration since Ike. I am thinking, "here it comes", some form of indirect tribute to Madeleine Albright's brilliant foreign policy is the reason for recent developments in the Middle East. But instead, to my shock, I hear THIS (you have to listen to it, especially the ending).

I wanted to shout! "George Bush may be RIGHT." Right? Daniel Schorr on George W. Bush? I nearly piled my car, and could not stop grinning all the way home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, thanks for you comment on my blog. Obviously we are thinking on the same wavelength about this. Thanks for the link to Daniel Schorr's analysis. I don't listen to NPR (or to much radio at all - it's only a 5 minute drive to the mill) but I gather this was an unusual admission on his part. It obviously stunned you.

Let's pray that this wave of freedom continues.

Keep your posts coming too, brother. I appreciate your insights.

Anonymous said...

You wonder what Rob Asghar is thinking? That weenie's not thinking, as per usual. Yes, it's me. There are some encouraging things, and if Bush can pull this off, I'll give him a lot of credit. Long read ahead though, and let's not get too high on the glue just yet; but I'll be hopeful.

RA

Anonymous said...

You wonder what Rob Asghar is thinking? That weenie's not thinking, as per usual. Yes, it's me. There are some encouraging things, and if Bush can pull this off, I'll give him a lot of credit. Long read ahead though, and let's not get too high on the glue just yet; but I'll be hopeful.

RA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...