Thursday, May 12, 2005

Youth Workers, Alert!!


Soul Searching

Do you know anyone involved in youth ministry? Youth Director, Jr. High Leader, Senior High, College? Perhaps even a youth volunteer from your church that you respect and admire? If so, head here, or to your local book store today, and purchase "Soul Searching" by Christian Smith and Melinda Denton. Buy them this book, and buy a copy for yourself. I am sure that my buddy KC and his blog friend Peter will be getting a copy soon. Right guys?

This work, funded by the Lilly Endowment is perhaps the seminal study of the spiritual lives of American youth in the past decade. Christianity Today has reviewed the book here, and it drove me to my local book store several weeks ago. I am digesting its contents now, and will be sharing some of my thoughts about this book soon.

First peek inside - as it turns out, American kids are not nearly as rebellious about religious conformity as one might think. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll look forward to your comments--greatly! This is an area I feel the Lord speaking to me about. We have several Jr. High and High School students in our House Church setting and I have always felt that we, as a church, do not give our youth enough credit for their thoughts... I posted my testimony from High School a couple months ago.

Anonymous said...

Read the review. Got my interest. Ordering now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...