Monday, June 06, 2005

Laptop Stupidity


Doh!

In a move filled with the grace and charm of a pregnant wildebeest, last night I spilled a half glass of white wine into the keyboard of my laptop. My wife laughed at me, which is often the case when I do something stupid, or hurt myself. I find this a form of Divine Justice. My laptop is in intensive care, as I speak.

My reflection is that:

1) The Lord is punishing me for imbibing (modestly) in the Evil Demon Liquor.
2) I am an awkward klutz, who needs to spend less time on my laptop, and more time with real people.

The voting is open, what do you think God is saying?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is saying....how could you forget rule #1 in Computer Class 101? Never drink by your computer! (She says as she finishes off her ice cold Fresca and catches a drip just before it slips behind the letter J on the keyboard!)

Anonymous said...

Coming from a teetotaling background, my legalism insists that choice #1 is the one I would vote for.

However, I seem to recall an earlier incident with a cup of coffee, so it could be related to the klutz thing.

So, if one is an awkward klutz, one shouldn't be imbibing the demon liquor around computers!!!

Anonymous said...

If it were me, it would've been coffee--it's on the floor of my car, down my cabinets and on my carpet. And as I sit here typing, it is waiting for me to kick it on the floor. My husband says that I cannot even talk to God unless I have my coffee. Anything that we put before the Lord could cause a problem and I think that us bloggers are bordering on making our laptops/computers our idols LOL. So maybe it's a combo--for me the coffee and the laptop come before the Lord sometimes and I'm waiting for mine to look like yours. Hope God works it all out for good anyway.

Anonymous said...

If you had been drinking red wine you would'nt have spilled.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...