Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Girls of Summer



Tonight I find myself in Riverside, California, 70 miles from home. We are watching a softball game, in which my 11 year old daughter and her team is playing for the State Championships. Unbelievable. Long way from home. I need to be less cranky about the long drive in traffic (always here in LA), and embrace these fleeting moments of life.

I will admit, there is nothing quite like the green grass of a ball field, right at twilight. This is a lovely world, sometimes. But, to keep it in the proper context, check this out, and then pray, and maybe even give.

I will let you know the results soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So?? How'd it go? How did Heather and the girls end up? PLEASE tell me. I won't sleep.

tod

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...