Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wholeness from Emptyness


It is a mystery and a paradox that from an empty place can come wholeness, healing, life transformed. Two of my friends....both very different fellows, have some very unique ideas relating to Easter.

First, Rob Asghar talks about his thoughts on an empty tomb and reconciliation with his Muslim mother.

And then, Tod Bolsinger has an interesting reply, if you will, to Rob's thoughts about that empty tomb.

My take is this. For far too long, we Christian folk have let the facades and organization of the organized church speak for us. This may be why Rob is so troubled by the way Christianity in the west seems to have been hijacked by politics. Rightly so, Rob! I can't stand this. However, I am not sure abandonment of church is a solution, we need folks like you with your contrarian views. We are not all loons, and you surely know this.

But I do know this, the tomb was empty, is empty, and offers great hope. If we can just carve Jesus loose from the confines of the church and politics, then there is a pure message of Gospel hope.

Christos Anesti!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!!!

Timothy Thompson said...

Steve,

Thanks for linking to both Rob's and Todd's posts. I fail to keep in touch with their respective writings these days, but I'm glad that I didn't miss either of those posts, both of which speak eloquently to some of the problems in the church today.

Keep it up. Though reading less and less blogs these days, your's is always one of the first that I check out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...