Friday, January 18, 2008

Business Trip - Boston

At left, above the "Big Dig".

I feel like a man from the land of plastic architecture. Disneyland. Suburban Instant Utopia - just add water.

Lets admit it, people from the West Coast are hopelessly disconnected from American History.

To prove it to yourself, just visit Boston.

My meetings were done today at 3 PM, and I took myself on a long self-guided tour of downtown Boston, ending at Boston Commons and
Park Street Church (looks very cool). Right behind Park Street church is Granary Burial Ground.

I was reading the Park Service information signs, learning of the remarkable people from American history who are buried there. I finished reading, turned around and was facing the grave of Paul Revere!

This town is amazing. And so is our nation. To whom much has been given.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! It's so true about being disconnected from American history in CA. I feel the same way even in Ohio. There is "real" historical stuff all around us - the cabin on the hill that was used for the Underground Railroad as a look out, all kinds of Indian burial grounds, Daniel Boone...

I love Boston. Apart from the winters, I think I could live there (for the art, history and city-coolness factor).

Steve said...

If DC is cool, then Boston is uber cool. I mean you get Bean Town character, Charles River intellectualism, Park Street Church faith, history all around you, and the Red Sox. Did I forget to mention the Patriots? Every where you go, 16-0 tshirts are for sale!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...