Monday, July 21, 2008

London Day 1

One 10 hour plane ride, and the Family Norris is in London!

Its hard to believe, but a couple of years of dreaming, months of discussions of places to visit with friends, checking of reservations, cashing-in of flier miles, and planning have brought us here, safe and sound.


Well, maybe not so sound. Heather kept commenting at lunch, "I just can't wrap my mind around this whole time change thing". This was after not sleeping a wink on the plane, and witnessing her first "two hour night", as we chased the sun across the Atlantic. The first photo at right illustrates our two girls on the London double-decker tour bus a bit after lunch time today. The second photo is just about 45 minutes later, after the full effects of no sleep and an 8 hour time change have begun to work their magic on Heather.

But after a two hour nap, and a good dinner, we are heading to bed looking forward to a fun day at the Tower of London, Parliament, and Westminster Abbey tomorrow. Well, at least three of us are. Heather slept through dinner, God bless her.

An amazing city. Amazing girls to travel with. What more could a guy want?


P.S.: I know there are several people reading this in order to follow our travels, and you people are often lurkers, who do not leave comments. Lets make this interactive people; leave some comments - the girls would love to hear your thoughts!

5 comments:

Megilon said...

London is an amazing city...and I've been there twice and still feel like there is much more to see. It was closed when I was there but I understand the Temple Church is a neat experience. And I recommend the London Eye because it is the best way to see London. Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so until you labeled someone with my inclination me "a lurker" I had not planned to leave a message. But public humiliation works, at least in the Slate household.

Westminster Abbey. Go to Poet's corner and see if you can find "O Rare Ben Jonson." I'll give you a hint: it's on the wall. Also I think there is a window dedicated to the RAF.

Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Jill, the Lurker, checking in ....
I hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday!
I LOVE the pics - my favorite being Heather asleep on Kelly's shoulder on the double-decker tour. Heath, the white jacket looks fabulous! :)

Praying for you ... J

Holy Lands 2009 said...

Beings that New Jersey and Mexico are the farthest I've traveled my question is, If I were living and working in London, where in the heck does one sit and enjoy a real good cup of anything with "CAFFINNE?" Is there Panera? SBUX? Peets? etc? I want to know just in case I take a pastorate in London. hehe

Steve said...

KC:

In order to "just hang out" correctly here, you will have to consume a pint, not a cup. Social interaction occurs around beer, not coffee. They have Starbucks everywhere, but "Neros" is the preferred local coffee. More on British culcha soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...