Monday, February 21, 2005

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast....

Simon and Garfunkle had it right. Our lives race by at a pace that is stunning, breathtaking, ridiculous. Tod Bolsinger has a post on this topic that uses his own folly as a good example of what is wrong with many of us, myself included near the top of the list. I have found myself bugged recently because my personal life is infringing on time I could be spending at the office....oh PLU-EASE, Steve!

In anticipation of Good Friday and Easter, we must recall that Christ has done something amazing, remarkable, mysterious - an act of love from the heart of God. Perhaps Lent is a time of year we need to remember this, and to ...........slow................down.

Ok, so tomorrow I will spend more time just talking to my wife and children. I will call an old friend and ask how he is really doing. I will put in a call to my aging parents. I will slow down to thank God for what song writer Bob Bennett calls the Small Graces. Amen, and thanks for the reminder, brother Tod.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...